Set Up Instructions for Massarelli Singing Birds Oval Fountain
Open the bag containing the pump kit P13013. In the kit you will find:
- 40130 (130 gallon per hour pump)
- 2-hole rubber stopper 1 - hose clamp
- 8” long piece of 1/2" kink free tubing
- LED light kit (white)
1. Find the fountain base, the pump and the LED light kit. On a padded surface CAREFULLY lay the fountain base on its
side. Inside the fountain bowl there is a PVC pipe. Run the plug end of both power cords, the pump and the LED light,
down the PVC pipe and out the bottom of the fountain base leaving about 12” of both wires inside the fountain bowl.
Stand the fountain base upright. Retrieve both power cords from under the fountain base and place both in the groove in
the bottom of the fountain base. Place the fountain base on a firm and level area where the fountain will remain.
2. Find the 2-hole rubber stopper. Slip the 2-hole rubber stopper onto the power cord of the pump and the power cord of
the LED light. Position the 2-hole rubber stopper about 6” from the body of the pump and about 8” from the LED light.
Insert the 2-hole rubber stopper snugly into the PVC pipe.
3. Find the 1/2" kink free tubing 8" long and the hose clamp. Trim the 1/2" kink free tubing to 6” long. Attach the 1/2" kink
free tubing to the outlet side of the pump with the hose clamp. Insert the LED light head into the opposite end of the 1/2"
kink free tubing. Place the pump in the center of the bowl with the tubing assembly facing up.
Add 4” of water in the fountain bowl.
4. Find the pump cover and place it onto the bowl CAREFULLY guiding the LED light up through the hole in the center of
the pump cover. Position the pump cover centered inside of the bowl. The LED light head will extend beyond the pump
cover. Carefully push the LED light head down into the hole in the pump cover lining up the housing around the LED
lights with the top edge of the pump cover. If necessary, trim the length of the 1/2" kink free tubing so that the housing
around the LED lights will be even with the top edge of the pump cover. If so, remove the pump cover and set aside.
Remove the LED light head from the 1/2" kink free tubing and place inside the fountainette bowl. Trim the 1/2" kink free
tubing to the proper length. Reassemble the LED light head and the pump cover.
If you have the 3899 – 16” SINGING BIRDS OVAL FOUNTAIN use step 5. 5. Position the three birds on the pump cover in any arrangement you desire.
6. Connect the power cord on the LED light to the transformer. Plug both the pump and the LED light transformer into a
110VAC GFCI protected outlet. Adjust the water flow using the built in flow control dial on the front of the pump.
Click here to go back to Massarelli Singing Birds Oval Fountain.