Set Up Instructions for Massarelli Catalina Overflowing Vase Fountain
Open bag containing the pump kit P22503. In the kit you will find:
- 40225 (225 gallon per hour pump)
- rubber stopper
- 27" long piece of 3/4" clear tubing
tube of silicone
1. Place the pool on a firm and level surface where fountain will remain. Place a brick under one side of pool. This will
help when you retrieve the power cord from under the pool.
2. Find the pump, the 3/4" clear tubing 27" long, and the rubber stopper. Place the pump in the pump house located in
the center of the pool and run the plug end of the electrical cord down the PVC pipe in the pump house. Retrieve cord
from under the pool and place in groove in the bottom of the pool. Leave enough slack in the power cord so the pump will
rest on the bottom of the pumphouse. Slip the rubber stopper onto the power cord with the smaller end facing away from
the pump. Insert the rubber stopper snugly into the PVC pipe. Make sure the pump is seated on the bottom of the pump
house. Adjust the position of the rubber stopper on the power cord if necessary. Remove the brick.
3. To level the pool, place the level on pump house located in the center of the pool. Level in (2) Two directions left to
right and front to back. Shim as needed.
4. Find the tall shell finial and on a padded surface lay it on its side. In the bottom of the tall shell finial there is a PVC
pipe. Remove any tape and or dirt from the PVC pipe. Attach the 3/4" clear tubing to the pump. With the pump resting
on the bottom of the pumphouse measure up from the top surface of the pumphouse and cut the 3/4" clear tubing at 23
1/2". Insert the 3/4" clear tubing into the PVC pipe that is in the bottom of the tall shell finial until the 3/4" clear tubing is
almost even with the opposite end of the PVC pipe. Position the tall shell finial centered on top of the pumphouse located
in the center of the pool. After the tall finial is positioned on the pumphoues of the pool. Push the 3/4” clear tubing back
down the PVC pipe until the pump is resting on the bottom on the pumphouse. To level place the level on the top rim of
the tall shell finial. Level in (2) Two directions left to right and front to back. Shim as needed.
5. Find the drain plug and insert them snugly into the drain insert located in both the pool and the shell. Remove any
tape and or dirt from the drain insert before you insert the drain plug. Fill the pool and the shell with tap water and plug
pump into a 110VAC GFCI protected outlet. To adjust the water flow to the finial use the dial type flow control located on
the front of the pump until the desired result is achieved.
Click here to go back to Massarelli Catalina Overflowing Vase Fountain