Set Up Instructions for Massarelli Three Tier Spade Fountain
Open bag containing the pump kit P29010. In the kit you will find:
- 40400 (400 gallon per hour pump)
- rubber stopper
- hose clamp
- 36" long piece of 3/4" clear tubing
tube of silicone
1. Place pedestal on a firm and level surface where fountain will remain. Place the largest shell on the pedestal.
2. Find the pump and the rubber stopper. Place the pump into the pumphouse located in center of the largest shell and
run the plug end of the electrical cord down the PVC pipe located in the pumphouse and down into the pedestal. Retrieve
cord from under the shell and place in groove on top of the pedestal. Slip the rubber stopper onto the power cord about
12" from the pump. Insert the rubber stopper snugly into the PVC pipe.
3. Position the largest shell on pedestal and level. To level shell, place level on the top rim of the pumphouse in the
center of shell. Level in (2) Two directions left to right and front to back. Shim as needed.
4. Find the piece of 3/4" clear tubing 36" long and connect one end to the outlet of the pump with the hose clamp.
Find the second shell and run the 3/4" clear tubing up thru the hole in the center housing of the shell. Position the shell on
top of pumphouse in center of large shell and level as stated in step #3.
5. Find the third shell and run the 3/4" clear tubing up thru the hole in the center housing of the shell. Position the third
shell on top of the second shell and level. To level shell, place level on the center housing of the shell. Level as stated in
6. Cut the 3/4" clear tubing 10" above the top surface of the center housing on the third shell.
Find the finial. In the center of the finial you will see a PVC pipe. Insert the 3/4" clear tubing into the PVC pipe in the
bottom of the finial and slide the finial down onto the center housing of the second shell. Position the finial on the
7. Find the drain plugs and insert snugly into the drain inserts located in the two shells of the fountain. Remove any tape
and or dirt from the drain insert before you insert the drain plug.
8. Fill shells with tap water and plug pump into a 110VAC GFCI protected outlet. Adjust the water flow to the finial using
the dial type flow control located on the front of the pump until the desired result is achieved.
9. How to apply the clear silicone. Apply about a 1/2" line of silicone on the tip of your index finger. On the very bottom
of the drip edges, where the water drips from the bowl, touch your index finger to the drip edges and pull straight down.
This will leave a dab of silicone on the drip edge to break the film of the water and allow the fountain to drip straight down.
Click here to go back to Massarelli Three Tier Spade Fountain.